Resource page for special needs families related to Covid 19:
FAU CARD Guide regarding the Cornona Virus: https://www.flipsnack.com/FAUCARD/parent-resource-guide.html. Includes resources and a social story for children and other good things.
Local Jewish Organizations:
- Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center Helene and Roy Schwedelson Special Needs Department: In-person, socially distanced programs, Otzar Sunday School, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org and https://levisjcc.org/special /
- Friendship Circle: In-person socially distanced programs and virtual programs for individuals with special needs throughout the day, in concert with other Circles. email@example.com https://www.facebook.com/groups/210303023392193/
- JAFCO Children’s Ability Center: In-person, socially distanced and virtual activities provided by Ability Center instructors, and support groups for parents and grandparents. Reach out to Linda Sachs, Community Outreach and Parent Support Specialist at 954-315-8664 for more information.
- Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services: Parent and grandparent support groups, information and referrals, case management for adults with disabilities, emergency food pantry and financial assistance related to COVID-19, counseling and more. 561-852-3112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yachad, National Jewish Council for Disabilities: In-person, socially distanced and virtual programs for individuals with special needs and their families throughout the day, in concert with other affiliates. For local programs: email@example.com or https://www.yachad.org/yachadondemand
Exceptional Ensembell HandBell Choir Family Style – fun interactive music therapy sessions. www.exceptionalensembell.org or email ExceptionalEnsembell@gmail.com for a free online introductory session.
Comic story for kids to understand the virus: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/28/809580453/just-for-kids-a-comic-exploring-the-new-coronavirus
University of Miami Social Story regarding the virus: http://umcard.org/files/3915/8422/3594/COVID-19_Social_Narrative.pdf or video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkZ23tDzN4c&feature=youtu.be
National Down Syndrome Society:
Gold Coast Down Syndrome:
We have created a Share the Vaccine Information Face Book Group to for families to share information about how to find a vaccination location, the process and to ask questions about the vaccine.
Click JOIN to become a member.
- CDC develops 9 new video resources on COVID-19 topics in American Sign Language
5 Things to know about the Corona Virus and People with Disabilities: https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewpulrang/2020/03/08/5-things-to-know-about-coronavirus-and-people-with-disabilities/#5275d1391d21
RespectAbility – Great resources for webinars, film/movie/television industry and much more: https://www.respectability.org/
Please click here to view the flier of Virtual Special Needs Support Groups: